About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced front-end developer to join our growing engineering team. As a member of the team, your main responsibilities will be to:
• Work with Vue.js/Nuxt.js, Bootstrap/Tailwind, Jest/Cypress
• Work on both greenfield and production applications
• Write new features, perform business as usual (BaU) maintenance and reduce tech debt
• Write well-tested, clean code following best practices, with an emphasis on accessibility
• Accompany your code with adequate documentation (e.g. C4 model)
• Provide clear requirements to fellow engineers and work with them to accomplish this (DevOps philosophy)
• Encourage and mentor junior members of the team with regular pairing sessions and constructive code review
You will be expected to fit into our Web Team and contribute to its ongoing success. As a developer, this is primarily about your technical ability, though maintaining a positive team culture is also important to us.
We expect you to:
• Display familiarity with modern coding practices such as CI/CD and TDD
• Be comfortable working within a remote team
• Show a good understanding of Software Design Principles and Design Patterns, particularly where relevant to front-end engineering
• Have some experience working within and/or taking over codebases that are not your own
• Exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills, especially in working within a team with junior members
• Good communication and writing skills in English
• Be open to working with new technologies and ways of working
The following are not essential but would be well-received by us in respect to this role:
• Knowledge of technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ruby on Rails/Golang/Python and/or Swift/Kotlin/C#/Java.
• Experience working on products with external product owners.