Akhuwat is looking for a full time Head of Fundraising to join their team in an exciting time of organizational growth and development.
The role reports directly to the Marketing Committee and as such will be a member of the Akhuwat senior management team sharing collective responsibility to deliver the organization’s strategy and vision – a future where humanity respects , protects and celebrates the natural world for the benefit of all.
The head of fundraising will lead a nationwide dedicated team of fundraisers to provide the necessary vision, leadership, and fundraising skills which will enable the organization to achieve its fundraising targets and organizational development programme.
They will have substantial fundraising and management experience, a talent for building relationships and a proven track record in securing funds from statutory sources, foundations, trusts and major donors. Experience in development of an individual donor programme including donor marketing is also an advantage.
Strategy and Planning
• Lead the annual fundraising planning process to produce effective strategies to achieve income targets across the range of revenue streams.
• In cooperation with marketing committee, lead the development of any long-term strategy to achieve agreed long term organizational goals.
• Identify new potential income streams and produce strategies to access these funds.
Financial Planning and Budget Management
• Produce cost-effective budgets to achieve actions plans.
• Develop and maintain income and expenditure tracking and evaluation systems.
• Ensure the Fundraising Department is kept within Budget.
• Manage and effective fundraising team that delivers fundraising income meeting set targets
• Oversee the management of grant and trust income programme, supporting the senior fundraising manager as necessary and ensuring production of effective, High quality proposals and reports.
• Lead the new individual giving development plan for 2022 which includes recruitment and development of new donors
• Lead on development of new funding streams
• Develop and maintain effective supporter journeys for the development of relationships and retention.
The head of fundraising is a member of Akhuwat senior management team and as such the post-holder will be expected to play a proactive role in the management of the organization, including:
• Organizational strategic planning
• Organizational development
• Income and expenditure budget planning and management
• Advising members of SMT (Senior Management Team) on the availability of funds and the viability of obtaining funds to support campaign initiatives
• Attending finance committee meetings to report and give advice on fundraising matters.
Line management of fundraising staff, including:
• Agreeing objectives and work plans
• Managing workload and performance through regular one-to-one line management discussions
• Plan and implement personal development programme for team members in all relevant skills
• Undertake annual performance reviews
• At least three year’s experience in a similar role.
• Demonstrable track record pf strategic Fundraising.
• Successful , significant and relevant achievement at management level in a comparable national/international organization.
• Experience of utilizing the strength of and organization brand for charity/business development.
• Proven track record of meeting challenging income targets.
• Proven ability to build to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client and donor relationships.
• Experience of developing and implementing strategic and business plans
• Proven track record in fundraising that has directly resulted in increased income for an organization
• Effective dissemination of information to large and diverse groups.
Essential skills and knowledge
• Strong leadership skills
• Track record of bringing innovative creative thinking and fresh ideas an organization and/or its services.
• Knowledge of the fundraising environment and of a range techniques and disciplines which will support the cost effective generation of income for Akhuwat
• Exceptionally convincing and persuasive written and oral skills with the ability to present an convey complex ideas and issues clearly and coherently
• Ability to secure Senior Management and Board approval for strategy
• Demonstrable ability to evaluate the type of initiatives and programme within the scope of the post and initiate, develop and deliver new initiatives that build on their success.
• Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions.
• Commitment to Akhuwat core values and strategic direction.
• Innovative management style
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Energy, enthusiasm and flair to work hard and achieve ambitious targets.
• Educated degree level or equivalent
• Evidence of Continued Professional Development relevant to the role purpose and level.
Fundraising, Financial Planning and Budget Management, Strategy and Planning, Senior Management, Staff Management,